Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Lovely Miss Jasmine--lap dog extraordinaire!

This afternoon, I got to spend a little time with a couple of beautiful ladies.  The one you see here is Jasmine. 
A few weeks ago, I was driving home from the barn, and saw a skinny red dog, dodging traffic.  This was not the best part of town, really pretty scruffy, and I guess a lot of people would have kept on driving.  But like a lot of other people, I couldn't have let that dog get hit if I could help it.
I pulled over in front of a grimy convenience store, and cut her off in her travels.  She was shy, but friendly.  A collar, but no tags.  Tried to coerce her into my car, but she was scared, she'd probably never had a car ride before.  Some guy came out of the store and helped me load her in my car.
When we got home, she was scared to get out.  When she got out, she didn't want to leave my side, she wanted to Velcro herself right onto me. There was no keeping her at my house--my Matilda does not like other girls, for one thing.  But a post on Facebook led to the other beautiful lady mentioned earlier stepping up to the plate.
Erin has been Jasmine's angel.  She's taken care of her, arranged for health care, including getting her spayed, taken her to obedience classes, nursed her through a scary tick borne illness--she been absolutely amazing for this little pittie girl.
Jasmine has teeth missing, and lots of scars on her face and legs and body. All signs point to her having been used as a bait dog in her former life. She was not treated kindly. But this girl has so much love in her. She's now looking for her forever home. She needs someone who understands the pit breed, and would do best without small dogs (and probably not cats) in the house.  She has done very well with a large male dog, however.  She loves kids, loves women, and even loves most men, although now and then one will make her apprehensive, probably due to whoever mistreated her in the past.
She's doing super well in her obedience classes, has a very calm, sweet demeanor, and just loves hugs and kisses.  She's also the most flexible dog I've ever seen, and gets herself into some crazy poses!




This is pure love in a sweet red package.  I just hope she finds the right home, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment